Invite you to experience the outback through the eyes of famous outback artist, Jenny Greentree
on this 5 day adventure from Brisbane to Bourke.
Following on from her current exhibition, “GUNDABOOKA”, Jenny will guide us through her paintings so you can experience the outback through her eyes.
As an artist this is a fantastic opportunity for you to visit the outback and capture the landscape for future paintings.
See how Jenny immerses herself in the culture and creates artworks that show the ancient landscape at it’s best.
WEDNESDAY 9th May 2018
Travel by luxury coach from Brisbane to Bourke, leaving 7.00pm Wednesday night from Art House Reproductions at Bowen Hills. As numbers are strictly limited there will be plenty of seating, virtually a double seat for everyone as numbers are limited to 24 and the coach seats 48!
THURSDAY 10th May
- Arrive around 9.00am in North Bourke at Back O’ Bourke Gallery for a cuppa!
- Carry on to the Bourke Bridge Inn where we will stay for the next 4 nights.
- After lunch, visit the Gallery again for an afternoon hosted by Steve and Jenny in their amazing gallery, take the North Bourke Walking tour (800m Grade 2) back to the Bridge Inn, through Jenny’s back yard on the banks of the Darling River. See Aboriginal middens, scar trees, hear outback droving and stockman history and Darling river interpretive information. Some great photo opportunities.
- Afternoon tea and relax before dinner at the Bourke Bridge inn.
FRIDAY 11th May
- 9.00am Coach pick-up to Bourke Wharf for CBD walking tour, meet and greet the locals.
- See such local features as… Bourke Wharf precinct, Men’s shed/indigenous gallery, Historic Lands Commisison Building, see Jenny’s original iconic artworks “Bourke: A Vision Splendid” at Bourke Shire Council, Maranguka Aboriginal Community Hub, Poets Corner along with many more historic buildings and shopping opportunities.
- Lunch at The Little Birdie at the Wharf Precinct (included in price)
- Coach back to North Bourke to take the 2.00pm PV Jandra Paddle Boat cruise on the Darling River.
- After disembarking the cruise be treated to a riverbank campfire and billy afternoon tea beside an aboriginal canoe tree.
- Coach back to the Bourke Bridge Inn, stopping at some sites along the way, and prepare for a buffet dinner that evening!
SATURDAY 12th May
- 8.30am Tour introduction at the Bridge Inn
- 9.00am Depart by coach for a full day Gundabooka National Park tour being accompanied by a Ngemba Aboriginal Elder who will be available for conversation, historic, cultural and interpretive story-telling.
- 10.00am Arrive at Mulgowan Creek picnic ground for morning tea before aboriginal guided walking tour to Mulgowan Aboriginal art site including ‘walking into’ Jenny’s painting “Sacred Place” – 1.5km return grade 3 walk.
- 12.30pm Lunch at picnic ground on return
- Board coach to travel around Jenny’s painting “Where Eagles Soar” en-route to Bennett’s Gorge
- 1.45pm Arrive Bennett’s Gorge picnic ground to walk into another of Jenny’s paintings “Gundabooka Garden” – 800m return grade 2 walk
- 2.30 Board coach to travel to the Darling River side of the park to visit the amazing Red Bank on the Darling River. 500m grade 2 walk.
- 5.00pm arrive back at the Bourke Bridge Inn
- 6.30pm make your way to Back O’ Bourke Gallery for dinner hosted by Steve and Jenny. Spend an evening around the camp-fire with them and several aboriginal elders who are part of the story in Jenny’s painting “Towards Gundabooka”
SUNDAY 13th May
- 9.00am Coach pick-up and travel to Toorale National Park which also features in the painting “Towards Gundabooka” accompanied by Aboriginal guides the whole day.
- 10.00am Historic Toorale Homestead tour
- 11.00am Morning Tea then travel by coach along the Darling River Drive through the park stopping at cultural sites with lunch along the way. Afternoon tea will end the tour, then travel back to the Bridge Inn at 4.30pm to relax before dinner
- 6.00pm Coach pick-up to travel up the road to Kidman Camp for the 6.30pm “Poetry on a Plate” outback evening dinner and music show. Retunr around 8.30pm
MONDAY 14th May
- Breakfast and checkout
- 9.00am Depart North Bourke on our way home.
- 10.00am Arrive Brewarrina to visit the oldest man-made structure in the world – fish traps! Includes a guided tour by Bradley Hardy of the cultural museum, fish traps and a visit to the ochre riverbank.
- Back on the coach for the trip home with some breaks long the way
- Arrive back in Brisbane around midnight.
PRICE: Will vary depending on final numbers…
Minimum 18 people – $2275.00 pp
Maximum 24 people – $2050.00 pp
- Luxury Coach travel from Bowen Hills, Brisbane, QLD to North Bourke, Outback NSW
- Twin Share/Double accommodation at the Bourke Bridge Inn – 4.5 on Tripadvisor. Rooms are either a Queen Bed or a Queen plus Single plus one room is 4x singles.
- Charter coach transport while in Bourke to all destinations listed above.
- All breakfasts, lunches and Evening Meals, from Thursday to Monday Morning
- First drink with evening meals.
- Guides and entry fees to National Parks
- Morning and afternoon teas where shown in itinerary
- Drinks where not included as shown above.
- Food on the Brisbane-Bourke coach – supply your own
- Travel Insurance – Personal
- Souvenirs – plenty of opportunity to buy though!
HOW TO BOOK
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Mark on 0421 599 423, to reserve your space.
- Deposit – $500 to confirm booking ASAP as numbers are limited.
- Balance payable – no later than 30th April 2018
Terms and Conditions
- Cancellations prior to 30th April 2018 will receive a full refund
- Cancellations after April 30th 2018 will forfeit monies paid.