Seth Godin is recognised as the writer of the most popular blog on the planet written by one person. He’s known as “America’s Greatest Marketer”.
While not specifically about artists or photographers, there are some great ideas here that we can all take away as business people taking control of our own business and creating our own success.
Seth talks about how you don’t need to be the best artist to get discovered and find the ideal clients. He discusses that our “connection economy” (mobile phones, internet, interactive platforms, etc…) gives everyone an opportunity to succeed. He believes that the path to success is “connecting people in a way that they wouldn’t normally be connected”. What better way to connect with people, than by sharing your art, your message, your story.
Here’s a few titbits that came from the video…
- Take a risk – communicate your ideas
- Believe in your work and let it speak for itself
- Tell a story that demands attention
- The important thing is that your work connects with people
- Don’t wait to be discovered – get out there – YOU are in charge
- Today’s Social Media gives every artist the ability to be connected and exhibit their work.
- Don’t give up too soon.
Connection is what matters, connect to your clients, help them undertand your stories and your art and they will share with others.